Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hurry up and Wait

Some days are like glide-riding on sandpaper…its suppose to be fun, if it wasn’t for all the mess it creates.

With the CONCORD and DED approved ship changes fully implemented (but being tweaked by the hour it seems) by OEC fleet command…I must say, that the ugly CTD firmware bug has reared its head yet again. As of this writing I am unable to undock with any reasonable chance to perform military duties. The changes are exciting to any professional military pod pilot. The amount of armor and new classes of ships are great on paper…and it should be exciting to see how they perform in real world combat. I am still working with engineers to see if I can get my pod HUD to stop crashing mid-routine…but it may be awhile before I am back in the think of the action.

The OEC Blackguard is continually being worked on. I imagine its about halfway finished with all the fittings. Right now I have mainly retainer gear where other expensive equipment will be in the future, but its going to be awhile before its in full war mode.

Promotions and command assignments were handed out last week. We are finally getting some membership to fill out the ranks some. All the guys deserve a great credit for the success we have been having lately in our ASCN contract. It has been our longest to date, and most profitable in terms of actual reward. While I cannot discuss payment specifics, we should be well on our way to getting back to what we do best (historically)…and that is operate in 0.0. It is the last piece of the puzzle, but there are some bumps in the road that will need to be overcome.

Our next contract is already lined up. But we will wait until the beginning of the new year to start its prosecution. It is often hard to reign in the wild stallion in pursuit of glory and money…but it is my job to do such a thing. My guys need some R&R this month, and I am determined to give it to them.

Of course, that does not mean we will not be hard at work with logistics. Ah…the life of a mercenary.

No comments: